AppsFlyer is an attribution platform that some Podsights partners work with for mobile app attribution.
Podsights has an integration with AppsFlyer that allows mobile app analytics from AppsFlyer to be delivered to Podsights to perform attribution between app events and podcast impressions.
While Podsights is compatible with some third party systems, Podsights cannot provide technical support or troubleshooting for third-party software.
To configure the AppsFlyer integration:
- In your Podsights dashboard (https://dash.podsights.com/), go to Manage > Your Pixels, and copy your Pixel ID.
- Next, click the + sign under Alias Events and confirm that AppsFlyer is listed under your installation methods. If not, add it with the dropdown menu.
- In your AppsFlyer dashboard, go to Configuration > Integrated Partners.
- Select the Podsights.
- Once you've added the Podsights Integration, make sure to toggle on the Active Partner setting.
- Enter your Pixel ID that you previously copied into the Podsights_key field.
- AppsFlyer sends two events by default: Install events and an Appsflyer-generated ID that we are able to use as an alias ID. Add any additional In-App Events that you wish to send to Podsights from AppsFlyer. NOTE: All events must have Sending Options set to All media sources, otherwise Podsights will not be able to perform attribution accurately.
- Back in your Podsights dashboard (https://dash.podsights.com/), go to Manage > Your Pixels, select your pixel and click the Event Mappings tab.
- In this tab, add a mapping for each of the mobile events that you configured in the previous steps. To do this:
- Click Add Mapping.
- Enter the original Event Name. NOTE: the original Event Name must be entered exactly as it appears from your mobile attribution partner including casing.
- Choose the Podsights Action Name that you would like to link to the original event.
- Click Save Event Mapping.
- You are now finished. After attribution, attributed events with the original event name will appear with the new action name in the pixel debugger and reports.
For more information, see the AppsFlyer documentation found here.