Branch is an attribution platform that some Podsights partners work with for mobile app attribution.
Podsights has an integration with Branch that allows mobile app analytics from Branch to be delivered to Podsights to perform attribution between app events and podcast impressions.
While Podsights is compatible with some third party systems, Podsights cannot provide technical support or troubleshooting for third-party software.
To configure the Branch integration:
- In your Podsights dashboard (https://dash.podsights.com/), go to Manage > Your Pixels, and copy your Pixel ID.
- Next, click the + sign under Alias Events and confirm that Branch is listed under your installation methods. If not, add it with the dropdown menu.
- In the Branch dashboard, go to Data Feeds > Data Integrations, and search for Podsights.
- Select Podsights and in the window on the right enter your Podsights Pixel ID that you previously copied into the Podsights Pixel ID field.
- Click Enable to complete the integration setup.
- Back in your Podsights dashboard (https://dash.podsights.com/), go to Manage > Your Pixels, select your pixel and click the Event Mappings tab.
- In this tab, add a mapping for each of the mobile events that you configured in the previous steps. To do this:
- Click Add Mapping.
- Enter the original Event Name. NOTE: the original Event Name must be entered exactly as it appears from your mobile attribution partner including casing.
- Choose the Podsights Action Name that you would like to link to the original event.
- Click Save Event Mapping.
- You are now finished. After attribution, attributed events with the original event name will appear with the new action name in the pixel debugger and reports.
For more information, see the Branch documentation found here.